The critics agree: there’s no better movie critic this month than Steve Persall!
That’s right: for our second Critic of the Month award, we’re recognizing Steve Persall of The Tampa Bay Times. Steve has all of the qualities we love in a critic: he loves movies and loves to write about them after viewing them!
In honor of his award-winning month of work, we wanted to share several of Kevin’s movie recommendations with you from the past year. This should give you a sense of his excellent taste:
- Just like us, Steve loved The Lone Ranger, calling it both “fun” and “necessary.” I’m guessing he smells Oscar too!
- We can’t wait to see Girl Most Likely based on his rave review. Steve says it’s a “mightily” funny “comedy.” We’re laughing already!
- We were happy to see that Steve enjoyed himself at White House Down, noting that it’s “fun” and “a good time.” We loved it too!
- Steve also thought Turbo was one for the ages, writing: “Of all the animated movies I’ve seen … Turbo is one of” the best ever.
- Finally, we had to clear a spot on the Jaden Smith bandwagon for Steve. He’s more enamored with the young actor’s After Earth than we are, explaining that “Fans of either Smith will” not “be sorely disappointed.”
As you can see, Steve has a broad taste in film. His palette is remarkable, and we recommend you keep tabs on him in the future. This critic is going places … aside from the movies, that is!
Congratulations, Steve, from all of us here at The Critics Agree!