The critics agree: there’s no better movie critic this month than Joe Leydon!
That’s right: for our third Critic of the Month award, we’re recognizing Variety‘s Joe Leydon. Joe has all of the qualities we love in a critic: he loves movies and loves to write about them after viewing them!
In honor of his award-winning month of work, we wanted to share several of Joe’s movie recommendations with you from the past year. This should give you a sense of his excellent taste:
- Joe said earlier this year that A Haunted House “scores a bull’s-eye.”
- He also loved Movie 43 (just like us!). In his review, he says that the sketch-film rivals the best “skits ever to air on Saturday Night Live.”
- Speaking of comedy, Joe informs us that The Babymakers is chock full of “big laughs.”
- Joe can appreciate thrillers, too! He loved Chernobyl Diaries, explaining that “the filmmakers are” able “to deliver a satisfying payoff for all their buildup.”
- Finally, Joe has most recently championed the film Instructions Not Included, noting that it’s “like Kramer vs. Kramer,” which is high praise indeed.
As you can see, Joe has a broad taste in film. His palette is remarkable, and we recommend you keep tabs on him in the future. This critic is going places … aside from the movies, that is!
Congratulations, Joe, from all of us here at The Critics Agree!