The critics agree: there’s no better movie critic this month than Alan Scherstuhl!
That’s right: for our fourth Critic of the Month award, we’re recognizing Alan Scherstuhl of the Village Voice. Alan has all of the qualities we love in a critic: he loves movies and loves to write about them after viewing them!
In honor of his award-winning month of work, we wanted to share several of Alan’s movie recommendations with you from the past year. This should give you a sense of his excellent taste:
- White House Down seems to be Alan’s favorite film of 2013. He writes, “Roland Emmerich’s White House Down stands as a singular achievement.”
- Coming in a close second is the documentary Hating Breitbart, which Scherstuhl describes as “a celebrator of freedom.” He also adds, “It’s actually black people who are the racists.” Good to know!
- We know we love Alan because he’s a huge After Earth fan, just like us. He says the movie is “marvelous.”
- Alan also loved the space doc Europa Report, noting that it’s chock full of “courtly magnificence.”
- Finally, Alan previously turned us onto The Patience Stone. He thinks the film is “extraordinary.” That’s a strong recommendation, folks.
As you can see, Alan has a broad taste in film. His palette is remarkable, and we recommend you keep tabs on him in the future. This critic is going places … aside from the movies, that is!
Congratulations, Alan, from all of us here at The Critics Agree!