The critics agree: there’s no better movie critic this month than Simon Gallagher!
That’s right: for our fifth Critic of the Month award, we’re recognizing Simon Gallagher of WhatCulture. Simon has all of the qualities we love in a critic: he loves movies and loves to write about them after viewing them!
In honor of his award-winning month of work, we wanted to share several of Simon’s movie recommendations with you from the past year. This should give you a sense of his impeccable taste:
- He loved the Ryan Gosling vehicle Only God Forgives, noting that it’s chock full of “traditional aspects of entertainment.”
- He was also a big advocate of Lee Daniels’s The Paperboy, calling the film “extremely good.”
- Simon wrote about how he fell in love with the film Cosmopolis. The only thing he didn’t like about it were “the snores in the cinema” from his sleepy, rude and selfish peers.
- Simon opens his review of On The Road by writing that “Some books demand adaptation.” He then proceeds to explain why On the Road is one such book, and also why the film adaptation is excellent.
- Finally, you can check out our to write-up of Dario Argento’s Dracula 3D to see why — just like us — he loved it.
As you can see, Simon has a broad taste in film. His palette is remarkable, and we recommend you keep tabs on him in the future. This critic is going places … aside from the movies, that is!
Congratulations, Simon, from all of us here at The Critics Agree!