The critics agree: there’s no better movie critic this month than Andy Crump!
That’s right: for our fourth Critic of the Month award in 2014, we’re recognizing Andy Crump of Go, See, Talk! and Screen Rant. Mr. Crump has all of the qualities we love in a critic: he loves movies and loves to write about them after viewing them!
In honor of his award-winning month of work, we wanted to share several of Andy’s movie recommendations with you from the past year. This should give you a sense of his impeccable taste:
- Andy hated Muppets Most Wanted, dismissing it as “ragtag” and “wrong.”
- Crump was a big fan of In Secret. He says his favorite scene was when “Therese (Elizabeth Olsen), sneaks off to a riverbank, conceals herself in underbrush, and quietly masturbates as she watches a brawny laborer sweep away pesky weeds with a scythe.”
- Andrew also had nothing but love for David Grovic’s The Bag Man. The critic raves, “Grovic should get points for having mostly excellent taste in film.”
- Mr. Crump condemns Lars von Trier’s Nymph()maniac: Volume I for falling “leagues short of wandering into pornographic territory.”
- In his review of So Long and Thanks For All the Fish, Andy writes that the film is “weightless.”
As you can see, Andy Crump has a broad taste in film. His palette is remarkable, and we recommend you keep tabs on him in the future. This critic is going places … aside from the movies, that is!
Congratulations, Andy, from all of us here at The Critics Agree!